Thursday, August 11, 2005

Taking care of my dubious reputation

Well… for those who have been wondering what RajaB broke after his advent to Dubai, there is a good news…

Yes… I managed to break my nose today… not a doctor worthy injury but bleeding & bloody painful.

“How did you manage to RajaB?” would be the next natural question…

I went down for my breakfast here at the media city cafeteria and after taking what I wanted, I along with a good friend of mine walked towards the door with my usual flamboyance. I remember discussing about the state of my personal finances with Vinay and I heard a thud. The next moment I felt like a swatted fly, struck on a glass door… Yes I had just tried the impossible, to walk through a glass door. The next moment when I got back from my swatted stupor I checked two things…

1. How many people around me are watching me with a wry smile?
2. Did I manage to break the glass door?

Well the answers for the questions now… I realized that the cafeteria was flooded with enough people for this spectacle to become a folklore in the media city, leave alone Dubai city for now.

And I did not manage to break the door. It was strong enough to withstand the impact, the one thing left behind was my nose shaped blood spot… great shot it would have been had I had a camera…

But nothing to worry as the bleeding has stopped but my nose looks slightly swollen and I have a heavy head due to the impact and this should be okay in the next hour…

Well, that announces the arrival of Samuel L Jackson in Dubai… It should be good business for the hospitals in Dubai from now on… God bless

No comments: