Thursday, June 01, 2006

The smart Chinese are everywhere.


It was a bit ironic when I found a carton of apples at a restaurant in Dubai. It was a packet of apples, Fuji apples to be precise. The irony was that it was Fuji apples grown in China. I was shocked and surfed the net to find more information, here’s what I got to know.

“Fuji apple is an apple cultivar developed by growers at the Tohoku Research Station in Morioka, Japan in the late 1930's and brought to market in 1962. It is a cross between the two American apple varieties, the Red Delicious and old Virginia Ralls Genet (sometimes cited as "Rawls Jennet") apples.

Outside of Japan, the popularity of Fuji apples continues to grow. Fuji apples account for 80% of China's 20 million tons grown annually.”

I am waiting to see Chicken Tikka made in China. I’m sure that would happen soon or it’s already happening somewhere.

God bless China!

No comments: